Getting organised and staying organised is a journey, not a destination.
You don’t “get organised” once and then never have to do it again. You don’t visit the dentist once a year and not brush your teeth again till your next visit. Of course you brush your teeth every single day. It’s the same with organising.
There are things you can do every day to keep organised, like
- creating a meal plan to make better use of your time and the food you have on hand
- controlling your purchases so clutter doesn’t build up and money isn’t wasted
- putting things away the first time
- setting your alarm early enough to add a little wiggle room
- creating a place for mail to land and be sorted
Just like other journeys, there will be twists and turns, even roadblocks sometimes. But the good news is that little by little, day by day, you will learn more about your organising journey – your preferences, your style, the things that work for you and the things that don’t – and you’ll find better ways to do things, easier and more effective paths to take.
What one thing will you do today to further your organising journey?