Every client I work with has their own “Why” for getting organised. For some it’s so they can eat at the table as a family. For others it’s so they can invite friends to afternoon tea without embarrassment. Another I’ve heard is to make room for baby. And yet another is so they can pay bills on time and stop the stress of the final notice.
Everyone is different, so everyone’s Why is different. Once you know the Why, it’s easier to keep on track and stay motivated when the going gets tough. Change can be challenging, but if you’re not clear on your Why, it’s hard to keep momentum. It’s doubly hard to inspire others to keep on the organising journey with you.
Some questions to ask yourself to uncover your Why are
- What has brought you to the decision to get organised now?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What causes you and your family stress?
- If the organising fairy came to visit, what would be your greatest wish?
- If you could change just one thing, what would it be?
What’s your Why?