My friends are important to me. I have many, scattered all over the city, country and the world. Keeping up with my friends doesn’t just happen by chance. It’s not always easy. I live a full busy life and so do they. I make time to make it happen.
So, with thanks for my friends, here are some of the ways I make time for friendships…
- I make them a priority. Long ago I made the decision to connect on a regular basis. There will always be something to do – ironing, writing, working or family commitments – but my friends deserve my time.
- We make plans to catch up over dinner. Our dinner parties are all about good company, not spending time in the kitchen, so we each bring a dish to share.
- We exercise together. That’s one multitasker that works.
- I have a cordless phone. Emptying the dishwasher or weeding the garden doesn’t keep me from chatting with friends.
- I remember birthdays and anniversaries. With my diary reminding me of those special days, I never miss one.
- I’m on time. Nothing shows a friend disrespect like turning up late all the time.
How do you make time for your friends?