Hallelujah it’s Monday! I love Mondays, the start of a fresh new week, full of possibility and promise. On Mondays I get to do the work I love all over again.
Don’t get me wrong, I love weekends too. But so many people don’t enjoy their work and their lives the way I do. And I do, not only because of my work and lifestyle of choice, but also because I have a grateful mindset. I try to see things in their best light. Even Mondays.
I invite you to share your gratitude as well. Share it here on the blog, on the Facebook page, with your friends and family, or privately in your own gratitude journal. What are you grateful for?
And to all my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving!
How to Get Inspiration for a Gratitude Journal
When I started this gratitude project I promised to share a few ways to see more joy in your life. Of course, keeping a gratitude journal is one such way. But what if you get “writers block” when you sit down to write about your daily gratitude? When moments like that hit me, I turn to my 5 senses and think about
- the sights I’ve enjoyed throughout the day (the shine and colours of gemstones)
- the smells that make my heart sing (like fresh flowers)
- the textures I love to feel (like the softness of a puppy’s ears)
- the sounds that bring me joy (listening to old vinyl records)
- the tastes that make my mouth water (like the intensity of passionfruit)
… and before I know it, I have a long list of things to be grateful for all over again.