You might have noticed I’ve been writing about my organised family lately. Yesterday it was my organised mum-to-be daughter and last month I wrote about my punctual teenage son at The Calm Space. And you might be wondering how we achieved that.
Well, first off, let me assure you, we are not perfect. There are plenty of things we could improve on, like tidiness. Check out The Difference between Tidy and Organised for insight. But I am pleased so say we are pretty organised. And it does come as a surprise to me to see my children have picked up my habits along the way. They seem to have absorbed it without me even noticing. So here’s how to get an organised family.
- Be an organised role model
- Set up processes and systems that cut down on effort, space, time and money
- Show them the processes and systems
- Don’t nag. Instead, demonstrate the benefits of being organised
- Be truly amazed when 20 years later they demonstrate what they’ve learned