Working with Hoarders One Day Course
Saturday 22 March
9:00 am-5:00 pm
This one day course, presented by Angela Esnouf, from Creating Order from Chaos, and Wendy Hanes CPO-CD, from Skeletons in the Closet, is for every Professional Organiser.
- already work with someone who hoards
- want to work with hoarding clients
- or just want to be informed so you can recognise the difference between hoarding and squalor, and know what to do next
then this course is for you.
You will learn
- The truth about Hoarding – what it is and what it’s not, and Why it’s important to know
- How to work ethically so you become known for your integrity as well as your skill
- The beliefs that create a hoarding situation
- How to work in a Harm Reduction model
- The most effective approaches, and when they are appropriate to use
- How to work with others affected by the hoarding, to achieve the best possible outcome
- The other stakeholders to consider, and to build relationships with
- The common risks you will face, and how to work safely
- 3 different cleaning strategies and the impact of each
- Where to get more work with hoarding clients
What else is included?
- Templates and Assessment Tools to help you work efficiently and safely, and communicate well with all the stakeholders
- A workbook with supplementary material
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate on completion, suitable for AAPO Accreditation
What previous attendees said:
“I have learnt so much about Hoarders from this in depth and excellently presented workshop, which will not only benefit me when it comes to working with Hoarders but just in my everyday dealing with my current and new clients. The information, tools and techniques can be implemented for all clients, chronically disorganised or not!” ~ Kristy Dillon, Kristy Dillon Design
“Congratulations on presenting such a fabulous training day. The time and effort you both put into developing the content was evident and we wanted to acknowledge your efforts as well as your openness to sharing your experiences and valuable insights with us all. We feel privileged to have been a part of this inaugural course and as a result we will be able to add so much value to the services we provide to our clients.” ~ Jo & Mel, Allsorts Organising
Bookings are closed for this event.